First Dental Visit for Your Child
- Have a tour of your dentist office by coming in for a casual, friendly, get acquainted visit and checkup.
- Make an appointment for a visual check of your child’s teeth.
- Have a discussion with your dentist about oral health care for your child.
- Familiarize your child with the dental office. Consider taking them along when you or a sibling has a dental appointment.
- Wait for an emergency for the first visit.
- Over prepare your children for dental visits.
- Use phrases like “It won’t hurt much” or “It won’t be too bad.” Such phrases do not soothe; they only create anxiety.